Friday, March 4, 2011

First Photographs

Today I went to the park after I dropped my boys off at school. I was walking around taking pictures here and there. I went off path into the grass and trees and ended up playing with squirrels! They were so cute and so much fun! Not afraid of me at all. Infact, when I clicked my tongue they would come closer!

I took about 100 pictures at the park and there were a few that I really liked. Now I see why photographers take soooo many pictures! - To get that one shot that you just fall inlove with!

When I got home I took a few pics of our oldest dog, Mandy. She was running around the yard and didn't really want to sit still for me, but I was able to catch a good one of her.

I really like the camera. Takes great pics, amazing pics actually, and for someone that really doesn't know it well yet, it is easy to use. I know it is capable of so much more than I know what to do yet though. Last night when I was reading the manual and watching a bit of the DVD I started to feel a little overwhelmed and panicky. I know it's going to take time. I think I have the eye for photography, but there is a lot of technical stuff to be learned. I may be taking some classes with my Bella Mena Photography mentor. She has been so sweet and helpful. I am very lucky to have someone like her to help me through this.

So here are a few pics I took today. I will post the original and then the way I edited them.














No comments:

Post a Comment